YABLOKO candidates for the forthcoming regional elections to sign a political memorandum
Yesterday YABLOKO Bureau approved the text of the Memorandum which each candidate intending to run from YABLOKO at the forthcoming regional elections in September has to sign.
The Memorandum of the Political Alternative contains the following ten key points:
– The European vector of Russia’s development and resistance of Vladimir Putin’s policies towards isolation of the country;
– Condemning Bolshevism and Stalinism;
– Resistance of any forms of nationalism;
– Transition from the authoritarian to the democratic regime in a peaceful way only, without revolutions and upheavals;
– Reforms targeted at complete separation of business and government which merged due to erroneous policies of 1990s- 2000s;
– Stop of Russia’s undeclared war against Ukraine, Russia’s abolishing supporting separatists in south-east Ukraine;
– Recognising annexation of Crimea an unlawful act, the future of Crimea should be determined by an internationally recognized referendum.
“The political alternative includes pursuing these objectives by supporting candidates of the YABLOKO party and their Coalition allies in the elections of all levels, including at the State Duma elections in 2016 and the party candidate for the post of President of the Russian Federation Grigory Yavlinsky at the elections in 2018,” runs the document.
“These ten key points are not accidental. Each of them cuts off such forces that in their activities somehow coincide with Vladimir Putin’s regime and thus, to some extent, serve as its support. In September elections we will put forward a large number of non-party candidates, but we are ready to nominate only our political allies, who represent an alternative to Putin’s policies,” Sergei Mitrokhin said.